Living In Financial Excellence Episode 13: Kids and Money. June 23, 2010.
Kids can be one of the biggest distractions when it comes to sticking to your spending plan. They have a way of taking the best plans and destroying them. But did you know it’s really our fault as parents? In this episode of Living In Financial Excellence we’ll teach you how to say “no” to those distractions and teach your kids how to avoid the same mistakes we all have made growing up.
- Happy Fathers Day to all fathers out there. Fathers are often the first coach or mentor we have in our lives. As you transition to adulthood, who is your mentor or coach?
- Business lessons learned from the BP oil spill – Lead from example & prepare for emergencies.
- There are many ways kids can throw off your financial plans. We mention a few today. Grocery store fits, the power of marketing on kids, the desire to give the kids more than we had, etc.
- Lead by example. Your kids learn from watching you.
- The power of choices for kids. Teach them the difference between needs and wants and allow them to make choices.
- What will your legacy be to your children? Will you leave an inheritance to your children’s children? Will they be blessed with the knowledge of how to handle an inheritance?
Like what you hear? Visit the iTunes store and leave a review or leave a comment below. Or call our listener feedback line and leave a voice message that we can share on the air. As always, we appreciate your feedback!