01 Dec 036 Financial Excellence: What to Do When You Overspend Your Budget
As the hosts of the show it may seem like we never mess up on our budget, but we’re human too. This month we had some unexpected expenses that blew the budget. Listen in to hear how we handled the situation. BTW, we apologize in advance for the sound quality. We just upgraded computers and we’re working out the kinks for the recording equipment. We’ll fix it for next week!
– We answer a listener question about the starter emergency fund and whether he should focus on saving for emergencies or spread his money out among other categories.
– When your plan doesn’t go as planned, you can’t spend like the government does. Watch this video to get a great visualization of how our government tries to balance their budget.
– We cover how we overcame an unexpected expense this month that otherwise would have caused us to spend more money than we made this month.
– What to do when your budget doesn’t balance up front (before the month begins)
– What to do when your budget isn’t working halfway through the month or at the end of the month, & how to compensate for fluctuating gas prices.
– How to save money at restaurants. We devoted an entire article about saving money at restaurants a while ago. We add some comments about that topic today.
Like what you hear? Visit the iTunes store and leave a review or leave a comment below. Or call our listener feedback line and leave a voice message that we can share on the air. As always, we appreciate your feedback!