13 Apr 055 Financial Excellence: Sticking to Your Budget to Get Results
Episode 55: How do you stick to the budget when one spouse is a saver and the other is a spender? April 13, 2011.
Last week we said that this episode would be our guest appearance on the Money Plan SOS podcast doing a Real Life Case Study with Financial Coach Steve Stewart. Well, we lied. Not on purpose, but we gave you some info that wasn’t correct. We want to time the release of that episode with Steve’s episodes so they release the same week. Steve has a few episodes in the chute, so he won’t be releasing our appearance for a while yet. So, please be patient and watch for that show in the coming weeks.
This week we instead answer listener questions about sticking to the budget when spouses have different personality styles. We also talk about a few other things that can throw off the budget, and how to overcome those obstacles.
- April is Financial Literacy Month and we are teaming up with other coaches and bloggers to provide one minute daily videos to help you think about your financial habits and money management skills. View the daily videos on our blog.
- Life has a way of throwing curve balls at you, which can really mess up your budget. We talk today about how to handle those curve balls.
- The best offense is a good defense, and the best defense is a good offense. Listen in to see what we mean.
- When one spouse is a saver and the other is a spender, it can mess up the budgeting process quite a bit. We share tips on how to overcome your personality differences to create a budget you can stick to.
- You can influence what we talk about in future shows. Simply fill out this three-minute survey.
Like what you hear? Visit the iTunes store and leave a review or leave a comment below. Or call our listener feedback line and leave a voice message that we can share on the air. As always, we appreciate your feedback!