23 Aug 074 Financial Excellence: 5 Things I’d Do Differently with Money
Episode 74: 5 Things I’d Do Differently With Money If I Had the Chance; Aug 23, 2011.
I don’t like always second guessing my decisions or living in the past. But sometimes I do look back and reflect on decisions I’ve made, both good and bad. Today I take a moment to share some of the financial decisions I’ve learned from and what I’ll do differently in the future.
Don’t forget: Living In Financial Excellence airs LIVE every Tuesday at 10 a.m. CST. You can watch live and join the chat at financialexcellence.net/live-show
- Budgeting and communicating with my wife should have been a priority from day one. I share some thoughts about how that has affected our marriage.
- I bought two cars brand new when I was younger. Listen in to hear why I won’t do that again.
- I have always invested a little money for retirement but looking back I could have invested a lot more and I wish I’d have made better choices then.
- I definitely won’t make the same mistakes in real estate that I made when we bought our current house.
- If I did it all over again, I wouldn’t have gone to school for engineering. I think a business degree is better suited for who I am today.
- Having said all that, those experiences made me who I am today and I wouldn’t change that for anything. So I have no regrets and no desire to do it all again. I only look forward to the future and making better choices there.
- The August Financial Excellence Challenge is in full swing. What can you do this month to stimulate your own economy? Work an extra job, do a budget, sell some stuff, invest more for the future? Let us know what steps you’re taking. If we all take care of our individual economies, THE Economy will take care of itself. Read some of the comments on the post to see what other people are doing to stimulate their personal economies.
- You can influence what we talk about in future shows. Simply fill out this three-minute survey.
Like what you hear? Visit the iTunes store and leave a review or leave a comment below. Or call our listener feedback line and leave a voice message that we can share on the air. As always, we appreciate your feedback!