31 Aug 075 Financial Excellence: Get Free Media Exposure for your Business
Episode 75: How to get featured on the local and national news Aug 30, 2011.
If you’re self employed it’s extremely important to pay attention to branding yourself and positioning yourself as the expert at what you do. Today I welcome career coach Joel Boggess at 4pointscoaching.com to the show to share how he was able to position himself as an expert on both local and national news stations. Joel has been on tv and radio over 30 times, so he’s got a lot to share on this subject.
Don’t forget: Living In Financial Excellence airs LIVE every Tuesday at 10 a.m. CST. You can watch live and join the chat at financialexcellence.net/live-show
- Joel shared some slides for this conversation with me. In a matter of a few weeks, these slides will be part of a class he will be selling but for our listeners he has graciously agreed to share them for free. free publicity copy
- Joel breaks the process of getting free exposure down to a few key points:
- Understand the media needs you.
- Connect with media personalities and build relationships with them
- Media people are overworked and underpaid, so when you can help them do their jobs, they’ll be grateful.
- Find newsworthy events, share them with your media contacts, and offer to comment on that.
- Create a system (isn’t that the solution for everything?)
- The August Financial Excellence Challenge is almost over. What can you do this month to stimulate your own economy? Work an extra job, do a budget, sell some stuff, invest more for the future? Let us know what steps you’re taking. If we all take care of our individual economies, THE Economy will take care of itself. Read some of the comments on the post to see what other people are doing to stimulate their personal economies.
- You can influence what we talk about in future shows. Simply fill out this three-minute survey.
Like what you hear? Visit the iTunes store and leave a review or leave a comment below. Or call our listener feedback line and leave a voice message that we can share on the air. As always, we appreciate your feedback!