17 Jan 093 Financial Excellence: Handling Business Criticism, & Suze Orman’s Approved Card
Episode 93: How to Handle Criticism of your Business, Thoughts on Suze Orman’s Approved Card, Jan 10, 2012.
Today I talk about how I personally handle criticism and rejection in my business. I also offer my thoughts on Suze Orman’s new Approved Card.
Sponsor: MozyPro Online Backup: Simple, Automatic & Secure Backup http://mozy.com/pro
Don’t forget: Living In Financial Excellence airs LIVE every Tuesday at 10 a.m. CST. You can watch live and join the chat at financialexcellence.net/live-show
- We have a new sponsor for the podcast. Mozy Pro for Business is a fast, simple way to back up your business so you don’t have to worry when your hard drive crashes.
- For a long time, I’ve asked listeners to leave a review on iTunes so other potential listeners can decide if this is a good show to listen to. Well, we got a few not-exactly-glowing reviews. I talk about how I deal with the less-than-positive feedback.
- I’ve also received negative feedback from clients. It’s easy to take that personally, but I share how I turn the negative feedback into something good.
- Sometimes you don’t get any feedback from customers except that they don’t return your calls. It’s important to qualify your customers and clients in advance so you can avoid these situations.
- I mentioned John G. Miller’s book, “QBQ: The Question Behind the Question in the show. Here’s a link to purchase his book and save some $$ on Amazon: [amazon-product align=”center” height=”250″ width=”150″]0399152334[/amazon-product]
- Steve Stewart at Money Plan SOS wrote a great blog post about Suze Orman’s Approved Card on his blog. Rather than reinvent the wheel, I thought I would share Steve’s thoughts and add a few of my own. He did a wonderful job of breaking it down, and I appreciate him unknowingly saving me some work ;o).
- A summary of my thoughts about Suze’s card? There aren’t any real benefits, and it costs you a monthly fee to have no added benefit. But there’s a lot of discussion on the show, so you’ll have to listen in for the specifics.
- You can influence what we talk about in future shows. Simply fill out this three-minute survey.
Like what you hear? Visit the iTunes store and leave a review or leave a comment below. Or call our listener feedback line and leave a voice message that we can share on the air. As always, we appreciate your feedback!