01 Jun Party Decorations on a Budget
I made these pretty pastel pom poms for my sister’s baby shower. I must admit that I was very lucky to have found lots of Easter tissue paper on clearance for 50% off at AC Moore. From each batch of tissue paper I purchased at $1.79 – I was able to make 4 pom poms. (used 8 sheets per pom pom)
tip: If you know you’ll be celebrating a bridal shower, baby shower, child’s birthday (you get the idea)
be on the look out for the after Easter sales for plain pastel colored items, such as tissue paper, clear bags for gift baskets, ribbon, paper grass, paper cups, plates, etc. Or stock up for next year’s Easter hunt decorations.
You will save anywhere from 50 to 75% and use coupons to save even more!
hanging buckets aka shower game gifts
|A Martha Stewart DIY|
Tissue Paper Pom Poms
1. Start with about 8 – 14 sheets of tissue paper
2. Fold the tissue accordion style at a width of one to two inches.
3. Tie a piece of floral wire/ribbon around the center of the folded tissue
4. Trim the edges in a curve or in points.
5. Spread the folds apart starting at the floral wire or string.
6. Fluff up the layers one at a time. Be very gentle, the can tear easily.
7. Hang it and make some more 🙂
Visit my blog at www.lovehappystuff.com for more frugal & DIY ideas.
Thank you for reading and remember to look into Craigslist as well as the Classified section of the newspaper for a list of Garage Sales, Moving and Estate Sales.