Episode 44: Stretching your food dollar with special guest Alvira Betsa. Jan 26, 2011.
In today’s show we brought in special guest Alvira (Al) Betsa, owner of Czech, Please Everyday Gourmet. Al is a baker and an awesome cook with recipes dating back to her grandmother’s kitchen in the Carpathian Mountains in eastern Europe. Her food is AWESOME!!! Al shares some tips with us about how to get the most out of your food budget. And she should know, because she cooks incredible food with only fresh ingredients (no preservatives) and does it at amazing prices.
- Apologies for sound quality today. This is the first time we’ve had three people in the studio and it was a challenge to get three mikes into a two-channel mixer. The content is great, but you’ll have to put up with some audio glitches. I’ll take donations for a larger mixer 🙂
- Which foods should you buy in bulk? Which should you freeze?
- How do you pick the best fruits, vegetables & herbs? How should you store them to get them to last the longest?
- How to reheat leftovers without making them taste like leftovers (I loved this tip!)
- You can influence what we talk about in future shows. Simply fill out this three minute survey.
Like what you hear? Visit the iTunes store and leave a review or leave a comment below. Or call our listener feedback line and leave a voice message that we can share on the air. As always, we appreciate your feedback!