Episode 70: Refusing to Participate in the Recession: Dave Ramsey and the Great Recovery; July 26, 2011.
Dave Ramsey has initiated what he is calling the Great Recovery. It’s not about promoting Dave or his company. It’s not about promoting us as financial counselors. It’s about teaching God’s people to manage money God’s way and changing the economy, one family at a time. Today Kevin Suddick and I weigh in with our thoughts about the Great Recovery, Dave Ramsey, and changing the economy.
Don’t forget: Living In Financial Excellence airs LIVE every Tuesday at 10 a.m. CST. You can watch live and join the chat at financialexcellence.net/live-show
- Too many of us are still waiting for the government to fix the economy. It’s been several years since the housing bubble burst in 2008 and the stock market crashed. The only thing the government has managed to do about the economy is blame the other political party for the recession.
- Government doesn’t fix the economy. Businesses do. We need to stop waiting on the government and start supporting businesses to bring this country out of a recession
- We can’t support businesses if we’re worried about the future. Being confident in your future starts with getting out of debt and freeing up cash flow to live with confidence. It also means having an emergency fund in place to handle emergencies when they happen, rather than waiting for the government to help you out.
- When you surround yourself with negativity, you become a negative person. Stop listening to the media about how bad the economy is. Yes, the stock market crashed. Three years ago. In case you haven’t heard, the Dow is back to roughly 85% of its pre-crash level. So the people you keep hearing about that lost all that money in the stock market are the ones who were dumb enough to jump off the roller coaster in the middle of the ride. Those who are still on the ride are halfway up the next hill.
- The only person responsible for fixing your situation is you. It’s time we stopped whining about our situations and started doing something about it.
- Dave Ramsey is calling on churches to start teaching how to manage money God’s way. The amazing thing about doing things His way is that it works! Imagine a community of people making smart decisions with their money, confident in their future, and living a life of purpose by serving others. Broke people can’t help others. Let’s teach the broke people how to not be broke so they can help others by paying it forward!
- Join the Great Recovery and make a difference in your community!
- You can influence what we talk about in future shows. Simply fill out this three-minute survey.
Like what you hear? Visit the iTunes store and leave a review or leave a comment below. Or call our listener feedback line and leave a voice message that we can share on the air. As always, we appreciate your feedback!