Episode 78: 7 Characteristics of Cheapskates (in a Good Way): Sept. 20, 2011.
Cheapskate is such a negative term in today’s society but when you look at the definition and characteristics of being a cheapskate, it’s actually a good thing (at least in my eyes). Today I discuss what qualities define cheapskates and how those qualities set cheapskates up for long-term success.
Don’t forget: Living In Financial Excellence airs LIVE every Tuesday at 10 a.m. CST. You can watch live and join the chat at financialexcellence.net/live-show
- Dave Ramsey’s Entreleadership nationwide simulcast is coming up on Sept 30th. If you’re in the Sheboygan, WI area you can register and attend at Word of Grace Community Church in Sheboygan Falls.
- It’s time for the annual Podcast Awards nominations! Will you do us a favor and nominate our show under the People’s Choice category? Copy and paste this url into your nomination form: https://financialexcellence.net/lifepodcast
- The information I used today came from Jeff Yeager’s book The Cheapskate Next Door. If you’re inspired by today’s show, check out a copy or buy it below (affiliate link). Don’t worry – I’ll only make a few pennies if you buy one through my link.
- There’s a difference between being a tightwad and being a cheapskate. Cheapskates look for value in everything they buy. Tightwads either never buy anything or they only buy the cheapest option. That can actually cost them more money in the long run.
- Are you a cheapskate? Does that make you proud or embarrassed?
- We’re thinking about changing the cover art for the podcast to make it more consistent with the new Financial Excellence brand. Both covers are shown above. Which do you like best? Vote by commenting below.
- You can influence what we talk about in future shows. Simply fill out this three-minute survey.
Like what you hear? Visit the iTunes store and leave a review or leave a comment below. Or call our listener feedback line and leave a voice message that we can share on the air. As always, we appreciate your feedback!