Episode 88: 5 Tips to Grow your Business from the Start, Dec 6, 2011.
If you’re thinking of starting a business in the near future, these are five must-do’s to make sure your business is poised to grow from the start. Today I share some “Wish I had” tips regarding growing your business. Actually, they’re not specifically related to growing the business. They’re things that, when done right, help you spend more time on growing your business instead of fixing the mistakes (speaking from experience here).
Don’t forget: Living In Financial Excellence airs LIVE every Tuesday at 10 a.m. CST. You can watch live and join the chat at financialexcellence.net/live-show
- Your business name is more important than you think, and not in the way you’re probably thinking. It’s important to not get too fancy or too cute with your business or domain name. Matt shares how picking the wrong business name hurt him more than once.
- Market research is extremely important to do up front. Matt shares how he recently conducted some market research and what he learned from it.
- Picking a niche and sticking with it helps you avoid burnout, both professionally and personally.
- Your website and/or blog are both very important for growing your business. Taking the time to really think through the layout and flow of your website will save you tons of headaches down the road.
- Your business plan is crucial to have before you start the business. Too many businesses skip this step and it bites them later because they didn’t think through the details of actually running the business. Yes, we’ve been guilty of that too. 🙁
- You can influence what we talk about in future shows. Simply fill out this three-minute survey.
Like what you hear? Visit the iTunes store and leave a review or leave a comment below. Or call our listener feedback line and leave a voice message that we can share on the air. As always, we appreciate your feedback!