Episode 91: How to Make Money by Blogging, Jan 3, 2012.
In today’s show Matt discusses a topic brought up in our discussion forums about how to make money by blogging. There are a lot of ways to make money from blogging, but they all depend on having a really good blog
Sponsor: MozyPro Online Backup: Simple, Automatic & Secure Backup http://mozy.com/pro
Don’t forget: Living In Financial Excellence airs LIVE every Tuesday at 10 a.m. CST. You can watch live and join the chat at financialexcellence.net/live-show
- We have a new sponsor for the podcast. Mozy Pro for Business is a fast, simple way to back up your business so you don’t have to worry when your hard drive crashes.
- Accepting ads on your site can earn you some extra money but you have to be careful with the types of ads you accept so you don’t send conflicting messages to your readers. You also don’t want to overwhelm readers with ads in the text of your posts because that can scare them away.
- Affiliate ads are easy to use but typically don’t generate a lot of money unless you have a large subscriber base.
- There are other ways to make money blogging, like writing for other blogs and performing admin tasks like blog maintenance. Some sites will even pay you to write content that other people can use for their own blogs.
- t may seem tempting to just start up a blog and make lots of money but the truth is it takes a lot of work and time to develop a blog to the point where you can monetize it and earn a significant income from it.
- You can influence what we talk about in future shows. Simply fill out this three-minute survey.
Like what you hear? Visit the iTunes store and leave a review or leave a comment below. Or call our listener feedback line and leave a voice message that we can share on the air. As always, we appreciate your feedback!